Saturday 30 April 2011

Evaluation Question 7.



Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to your full product?




Looking back at the preliminary task for the first time, i realised that there was very minimum effects, transitions and camera shots. There wasn't much effort been put into it at all. So i decided that for my real media product it would most certainly be the best to add more things to it, to give it the hope and thrill i was expecting for my product. The idea of the preliminary shot was to get used of using the differant effects, especially shot reverse shot. I did not feel as i had done my best in this exersize, so i decided that i want to use most camera techniques such as; Shot reverse Shot, close up, mid shot, long shot, over head shot, over shoulder shot and panning, this giving my movie more realistic shots and feel to it, and prevent it from being boring.
The preliminary shots that were taken, were okay, however there were a few that needed retaking, a few times the camera was being hand held and not on a tripod, therefore the footage became alittle shake, meaning i knew when it came to the real filming, that i need to take every shot atleast three times, this giving me atleast three options to choose from.
In the second half of the lesson i also had a play around on Adobe Premier Pro. Just by watching the Priliminary video, you can see that it was the simple basic editing techniques that i had looked at, therefore i gave myself extra lessons using the programme so i could improve on my final product.
Editing.
I used a few editing tools such as;
.Cutting
.Cross fade
.Dip to Black.
As you can see i only used a few tools in the lesson provided, however i now knew where to find the tools when i needed them, i figured out how to add them onto my timeline (along side of the videos that i put on the timeline). At the time tho i still did not know how to change the colour or use any of the sounds and lighting effects that are provided with the programme, however the extra lessons that I had aloud me to learn how to use them. 
I believe that if it wasn't for the Peliminary exercise i would not have been as confident starting the editing for my movie opening. I have learnt a lot more since the first exercise and a lot more of the editing techniques as you can see by watching my movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment